Mum it was a miracle. We had 3 baptisms these last two weeks! I gave dad most of the details so you'll have to steal them off of him but it was so exciting. A funny thing happened though, Elder Thorup and Elder Burnham ( the original missionary who taught the family) were baptising the kids and I had to go turn on a little movie segment that we watch in between. The only problem was that in was playing in ASL, well in England they have a whole different sign language and it woudln't get off of it. So i just left in and the whole thing played with a man signing everything it was pretty funny. But I'm getting a new companion, his name is Elder Wheeler and he has been out about 8 months now. I'm really excited but nervous as well so pray for us. I'm excited for a lot of work to happen in Newcastle and I might leave next transfer so I'm gonna hit it hard for 6 weeks. It will be strange having to call the shots and take over an area but I'm really excited. I've decided to memorise a scripture from the Book of Mormon each day from a different book each day. I thought I would test myself and try and write them for you but i will take too much time. Its been good though and I am working on a lot of personal goals. Its exciting to be a missionary! I'm so excited for Talisa and Matthew as well. What great missionaries we will have! Haha, it made me so happy to hear. Also, i'm really excited for Shae to get married soon but you keep an eye on her for me. Well I got to go, sorry this is so short. Talk to you soon.
Love you loads,
Well you guessed it Dad, I'm staying in Newcastle. But Elder Thorup is moving to Billingham to be with Elder Wadsworth who came out with me. My new companion is Elder Wheeler who was trained by Elder Christensen who is one of the Zone Leaders who lives with us. It's pretty exciting to be taking over an area and we'll see how I do, I will need lots of prayers. Elder Black has said that Elder Wheeler is the kind of person that I will need to take the lead a lot of the time which both excites me and frightens me. I'm not very good at that but I have a real desire to and I think that is part of what I need to learn on my mission. We also had another miracle these last two weeks. Sam Bass was baptised on the 16th of September and she is so amazing, she has adjusted to the ward so well. Yesterday she told us she doesn't need the missionaries anymore! What a dream come true! I can see her going really far in the church. The other baptisms were Lez and Jade Smith, Lez is 13 and Jade is 10. Their mum was baptised about a year ago and she drags all four of her children to church every week even though her husband doesn't believe any of it. Her husband Andy is so great though, he really cares about his kids and is a great man. He called us one day and told us it was about time his kids got 'dunked'. So they were baptised on Friday by Elder Burnham who was the Elder who baptised their mum. How amazing would that be to be able to come back to a zone and baptised the rest of the family you taught. He was so happy. I'm trying to think if anything else exciting has happened lately but can I just say I am ready for this new transfer to begin. The last two weeks have been good because we have baptised but the other work is going so slow and there is very little motivation in the zone. Hopefully these changes are going to pump up the zone and our area. I'm really excited to work with Elder Wheeler and to see another perspective on missionary work. Keep an eye on everyone for me and keep sending photos, (i'll send all mine home with elder Black so don't worry) I'm still very sad about Brother Oldroyd but I know that he will see his family again and he was really a great man.
Love you,
Elder Rowley
The last e-mail
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment