Mum,
You want an e-mail for the last two weeks! I don't know if I can do that! Well I'll give it a try. The days and the weeks just seem to roll together and soon enough I get transferred to a new area. Oh well its always an adventure. So the biggest thing that has been happening has been training Elder Thimmesch. Everything was super easy at the beginning but now I have to make sure he knows and does everything he's supposed to. There is a rumor going around that I will leave next transfer which is unusual to say the least so we have to prepared for everything! Two weeks ago Elder Thimmesch took over the area for the first time. He was with Elder Melo from Brazil and they did a great job together. Then this last week I got to go to leadership training. Over half the mission was there to receive training from President Lindley and the Assistants, it was quite fun. I got to spend some good time with all my old friends in the mission. Some are doing really well and others seem to be struggling a bit, but once again, that's how it goes. Nila it really our biggest investigator right now and we've been getting dropped by people right and left which means that when she gets baptised we wont' have anyone to work with. Not letting that happen! I've been put in that situation too many times, getting put in a new area with nothing happening. So we're working really hard to find new people to teach. Its difficult training though because there is a balance between getting stuff done and teaching your new missionary. I think I've found a balance for most things but as always, the work is no cake-walk. Things are going really well and I'm still loving it. Today we are spending the whole day is Selby playing sports with the members. I'm super excited. I love them all so much! Well I hope that's a bit more of an e-mail than I've been giving you as of late. Love you much mum, take care!
Elder Rowley
Dad,
Well it was quite an experience last Thursday. We were just knocking on doors when President called me. It was funny though, as soon as I hung up the phone I didn't think anything wrong would happen and there wasn't anything I could do so we just went back to knocking. I'm glad to hear a little more about the situation though, sounds like quite a miracle. Funny how those kind of things sneak up on you, I'm sure there are many times people sit down in their bed like you did and think about things, whether or not they are ready to die. It's probably true for a lot of things. When life catches up on you and you have to sit down and think about the person you are and if that's the person you wanted to be when you go. I guess I get those feelings a lot as a missionary. You lay your head down at night and think, "Am I really the missionary I wanted to be after being out over a year?" Funny how life is. Well I wish I had really good news to report about our week but it was a pretty bad one. We've been dropped by a lot of people the last couple of weeks and this week we just wanted to find more people to teach. We didn't find hardly anyone though, even though we did all the right things. Elder Thimmesch is doing really well and this week is his test week to see if he can take over the area. You're almost guaranteed to stay with your trainer for 2 transfers but the Zone Leaders and District Leader think I'll leave next transfer. Oh well, its not in my hands so we just have to be prepared for anything! But we have high hopes for this next week, I think we're going to find a family. I've always wanted to baptise a family but we've never done it yet. That's one of the things I reflect on, its so easy to see all the problems in an area and say, "I'll find that family in my next area" but that day never comes. So I think we're going to find our family this week. Well there's not much else to report on. I love you Dad. That was the big reason that President wanted me to call, to express my love for you. Thanks for everything you do. I'm proud to be your son. Take care!
Elder Rowley
The last e-mail
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment