Life according to Zack in the England Leeds Mission

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Baptism!



Dad,
Nila's baptism went great. She brought a lot of her family and they all had a really good time. Her sister will hopefully be baptised at the end of the month as well. Another great miracle we had happened with this kid named David. We met him on the street and gave him a Book of Mormon and invited him to read it. Turns out that he read the whole thing in one day! He holds the UK record for the fastest of Harry Potter number seven. Just over 2 and a half hours! He prayed about it [we assume he means Book of Mormon and not HP 7] and knows it's true as well. The only downside is that he is moving to Luke's mission on Saturday. We'll see how things go but it'll probably be a baptism for them. Other than that things in Selby have been really slow! But we're confident we can find people to teach. After we left our tea appointment last night I realise that I haven't found the family in Selby that I'm supposed to baptise yet. That's a scary feeling when you might only be in an area for another 4 weeks, but we'll see what happens. This ward is so great I don't ever want to leave. The bishop said that he is going to call President Lindley and request that I stay another transfer. I don't know if that will do any good but we'll see. Yesterday we had a mission tour and wow was it epic. A mission tour is when an area presidency travels around the mission and gives kind of like a zone conference on Monday and Tuesday. We had ours yesterday and it was great. They talked all about the miracles that come from personal and powerful prayer. There is a mission in Portugal that went from baptising 8 people in 6 months to over 100 people last month because of personal prayer. Crazy crazy. Hopefully that will help us find the person/people that we need to teach and baptise here in Selby. Jordan Steinagel got home this week! Isn't that crazy. Jon said that he has 2 months left. That means that Joe will be back before the year ends and then Jeff in February. I can't believe it. Its gone way too fast. Well this luck I've got my driving test. Wish me luck! It's going to be quite expensive. I already paid 60 but I'm taking some lessons tomorrow which will be another 50. The mission will hopefully reimburse like 100 of it but we'll see. Wish me luck. Well I love you Dad. Thanks for sending me on a mission. Best decision ever! Take care!
Elder Rowley

Mum,
Lindsay's first dance?!!? Ridiculous, I can't believe how old she is now. Nila's baptism went great on Saturday! Her whole family came and they all loved it. Sophie (her sister) is doing really well too. Hopefully she gets baptised at the beginning of next month. And as for David. He is golden. Read the whole Book of Mormon in one day and we gave him a quad that hopefully he'll finish soon. Unfortunately he is moving to the Manchester Mission on Saturday for school. I told Luke about it and he might know the missionaries but he's been home for a while so probably not. It is still amazing. I told Dad about the mission tour and how I still feel like there is a family for us here in Selby. I might get transferted soon so hopefully we can find them this next week! I think that is a great idea about Mike. I'll tell him about it today and then I'll have him Facebook you about it. And you wanted me to tell about how missionary work has blessed my life? Well I don't know exactly what you want and there's not exactly enough room to put it on here with but I'll give it a go. A mission becomes everything to you. It helps you appreciate everything you've ever been given and then gives you a desire to give it all to other people. On you mission you feel closer to Heavenly Father than at any other time in your life and you feel the love of Jesus Christ every day. You'll never work harder, cry harder, sleep better, or be happier than on your mission. More than any other time in your life, you live the covenant of your baptism to always remember Jesus Christ. Plus its a blast to go and meet a completely different kind of people! I hope that will work. Well I've got to get going. I'm taking my driving test on Thursday, I hope it goes well. I have some driving lessons tomorrow and then its show time. I think I'll do alright, I hope I just pass it the first time and don't have to worry about it any longer. Wish me luck. I love you Mum so much. Take care!
Elder Rowley
ps- Elder Thimmesch did wrestling and he told Kyle that he should definitely do it! Also, did you know it is your parents 50th anniversary on Thursday? Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment