Life according to Zack in the England Leeds Mission

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Transfers are inspired

Mum,
Elder Hubbard just leaned over and said, "Transfers are
inspired". Its funny because we've been talking about track and stuff
and how he was applying for BYU and stuff. Neat-o. Turns out he's
really really fast at track. His 400 time was 48 seconds. Its pretty
ridiculous! The english food has got him sucking wind when he runs
now! But he'll get there. I can't believe Joe came over and that
he's home. Crazy crazy. I had a list of things planned to do before
I got home and there were somewhere along those lines but I won't tell
you how many people I'm gonna try and baptise, you'll just have to
wait and see. Ya so this last week was really good but I don't really
know where it all went. I'll tell you a few things about it though.
We had three people come to church and they are all really good. One
of them is ready to be baptised as soon as he can live the word of
wisdom! He's great and just needs some support and encouragement to do
it. The other two are a couple we've been teaching. Our amazing ward
of fellowship has been really great and they loved every minute of
church. I love when people come to church and I don't even really
need to talk to them because the ward does such a great job at
fellowshipping them! Our investigator who was in down south for a
while is coming back this weekend and we don't really know much more
about her situation or what's changed so that'll be exciting to hear
about. And Maria and her family are doing great. They weren't able
to come to church but we went over last night with The Millers (the
family from Arizona) and taught them how to do a family home evening.
Maria is so great and she understands everything we teach so
perfectly. A mother of two rowdy boys might have a hard time
understanding why FHE is important but she understood right from the
get go. She told us, "I know when they are little it won't really
make a difference but when they get older they will learn a lot and it
will help our family". She is great! The two little boys were begging
us to let them say the prayer at the end of the lesson as well.
Things are going amazing with her. So that's pretty much all there is
to report. My knee is doing fine. Like I said it doesn't really
bother me at all, I can just tell there is something wrong with it.
I'll schedule an appointment with the doctor for next week or
something and it will all be fine! Other really neat story! Do you
remember me telling you about Denise from Selby? She's the one that I
knocked on her door on July 9th and the missionaries (one of them also
named Elder Rowley) had first found and taught her on the 9th of July
1992? Did I tell you that his family is in my ward? Its pretty
crazy. Well Denise is getting baptised in Selby on the 7th and I gave
the missionaries there Elder Rowley's (the previous one) phone number.
It's neat how those kid of things all work out! Yup I think that's
everything. Oh ya, I bought a suit finally! Now that's everything.
Love you loads mum, thanks. Bye!
Elder Rowley

Dad,
Good grief! Those pictures are ridiculous! Do you remember all
the pictures we took of everyone leaving on their missions! I can't
believe they are home, it still freaks me out just thinking about it
all. I hope somebody gets assigned to sit next to Toni, that would be
ridiculous. I didn't realise all their kids were under the age of 12!
Things here have been really good. The weather has been windy windy windy! It hasn't
been that cold but it sure has been windy. We got drenched the other
day as well which was funny. But
ya so our week was really good. Elder Hubbard is really good. He's
really good at track, his 400 time is just 48 seconds. I'm sure he'll
get on to BYU's track team. He's a great missionary and works hard.
It's funand the work is going really well. We had 3 people at church
on Sunday which was great because it was New Year's and all. We had 4
more people who were going to come but I think the new year got the
best of them. One guy was Mark who is pretty much ready to be
baptised as soon as he keeps his committments. He's a
great guy and really head strong. Which is a good and a bad thing.
Whenever we get him to a member's home though things go really well,
hopefully we get him to 2 or three people's houses this week. The
other people we had a church was a couple named Leroy and Rosie. They are great. They love church and all the support they
get from the members there so they'll get baptised someday, hopefully
next month! Our other people are doing well too. Especially Maria
and her family we went with an American
couple who are great and taught them how to do a family home evening.
Maria is amazing and she understands completley why they are important.
The two kids loved it and we had a blast as well. Maria is getting
baptised on the 21st of January and hopefully her son will be soon
after. Its great. The work is going really well and I love it here.
That's probably a sign that this will be my last transfer here. Oh
well, its been great. I just want to baptise people! Haa. Well I
love you Dad. Thanks for everything. Take care!
Elder Rowley

No comments:

Post a Comment