Dad,
Here is the flat address.
2 St. Michael Lane, Flat 6
Headingly, Leeds, LS6 3HS
West Yorkshire England
The way we get to transfers is actually pretty neat. So the whole
mission has transfers at the same time and the we have p-day. After
p-day all those who are getting transfered meet with there companions
at a central point in the zone. For us in the north is was the
Sunderland chapel. Then the mission had organised a coach to take all
the missionaries who were leaving to Crossgates chapel in leeds
(that's where leeds 4 is). Then all the missionaries meet together
who are getting transfered or training or become district leaders and
so forth and we have what's called transfer meeting. So then we hear
the testimonies of the missionaries who are leaving and those coming
in and we see who is training who because they don't tell you before
hand. Then everyone loads up into the respective coach's again and
goes to their new areas and meets with their companions. We pretty
much never travel alone. This just reminded me about a missionary who
went home that I want you to look up and possibly go to his farewell.
His name is Jake Peterson and he is from Roy, Utah. He has been one
of my closest friends on a mission, look him up! So let me tell you
about the area. This area is like the central area in the mission, we
have the mission office and the mission home here. The Leeds 1 ward
is home to 2 universities and has been the zone leaders area forever.
There are almost always 2 teams here in leeds one as well. But the
zone leaders have moved to a different area and now this area has 2
teams in it still. Me and my companion Elder Phillipp Weitzel from
Frankfurt, Germany work in the zone leaders' old area and he has been
here for 2 weeks. He's been on his mission for about 5 months. We
don't have a car and don't know any members and our area is massive!
I mean huge. We live with the university team and I was their
district leaders when they were both being trained so I know them
pretty well. Elder Weitzel is hilarious and we work amazing together.
We have had so much fun and so much success and it has only been 3
days. He is 24 and has a degree in business from, get this, Leeds
University. So he studied here before his mission. Our ward is
massive and has a really big YSA here. We don't know anyone in the
ward except for a kid named Luke Lawrence. Luke came home from his
mission in July and is from Selby and he used to come teaching with us
every day there. We are best friends and he is a ward missionary
which is great. It's kind of amazing how foreign the ward is as well.
In our class I sat there and sitting next to me was someone from
Italy, Iran, Thailand, West Africa, Angola, and Germany. And that was
only half of the class. I love it here so much. Funny story as well,
there was a woman sitting in front of us at church and after church
she started talking to me. I had introduced myself earlier in the
meeting and she asked, "Where is provo are you from?" Turns out she
went to Timpview a while ago and is Provo born and bred. She's good
friends with the former ASL teacher at Provo High School. Small
world. Well I think that's about all I have to report here for this
week. I'm so excited for the work to explode here in Leeds 1 and it
already has! We scheduled 10 people for baptism last week! I'm so
excited. Love you loads dad, take care of yourself!
Elder Rowley
Mum,
So things here are great. Where
do I start. Well my companion is Elder Phillipp Weitzel form
Frankfurt, Germany and he is 24. Oddly enough he studied at Leeds
University which is in our area. He has a bachelor's degree in
business and has been on his mission for about 5 or 6 months. He is
so funny and we work so well together. I can tell we are going to
have some amazing miracles here in Leeds 1. We live in a 4 man flat
with a university team. Elder Griffiths from Bountiful and Elder
Rosen from Sweden. Elder Rosen speaks chinese so they mostly work the
university area. We don't have a car but we work what used to be the
zone leaders area. They just barely moved out of the area so we are
pretty much what they call whitewashing the area. The area is massive
and it includes the mission office and the mission home where
president and siser lindley live. This ward is massive and has a huge
YSA. There is a member here from Selby named Luke Lawrence and he got
home from his mission when I was in Selby and came teaching with us
every day. So I've already got friends in the ward! He's great and
is gonna help us out a lot. There are a lot of struggles though in
this area because we are taking over from the zone leaders and there
is another team serving in our ward. We have to coordinate work with
the ward but we don't know a single person there and there is already
another team working for members to support them and their
investigators. It's been a stressfull week but I love it here so much.
I can tell this is going to be an amazing area. I'm really happy
about North Shields as well because I was replaced by like my best
friend in the mission so I know there will be some great miracles
there that we'll be able to share together someday. He's from Texas
but will be living in Provo again when he gets home. So pretty much
this area is amazing and I'm so happy to be in the zone again. I'll
send dad the flat address and such. Let me know if there is anything
you need from me. Thanks
for everything much. Love you loads!
Elder Rowley
The last e-mail
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment