Life according to Zack in the England Leeds Mission

Monday, August 9, 2010

Waiting for answers

Date: Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:41 AM
Subject: Zack 8/9/2010

Its good to hear things are going good at home. I'm glad Capone is fixed and that we have a new fridge, it is so strange to me. Well this week has been busy and long. We're still working with the Nigerian couple and they will be baptised on the 20th. Steve said the 13th wouldn't work because he wanted 7 days to fast for his answer. He is pretty faithful. They also fed us Nigerian food this week, it was sooo good. Another amazing experience we had was with a guy named Yin. He's Chinese and we were going to watch the Restoration DVD with him, when we got there we convinced his roommate Chunxiao to watch it too. They loved it and after we talked a little more we asked if they wanted to say a prayer. Yin has had problems trusting the Book of Mormon but in his prayer he said that he knew it was true and that he would follow it. Chunxiao prayed to know where he would lived when he was older. Then he looked up and said, "I don't feel anything". Well I thought crap. Elder Thorup said sometimes answers don't come straight away so we sat there with our eyes close for 5 minutes. I was a little doubtful and started to say that answers like that may come in different ways but Chunxiao cut me off and said that he had felt something. It was really powerful and went from his head to his toes. It was an amazing experience! Well I haven't got much time left but I found someone with a similar camera and we're gonna see if his charger can charge my battery. Here's hoping. Oh ya and today we went to the Durham Cathedral which was where Harry Potter was filmed. Some of the Elders even made everyone wands and we walked around the whole time with wands in our hands. It was pretty funny, I'll get some of the other Elders to print me off copies and I'll send them to you. Well still gotta write mum but I'll talk to you next week. Love you,
Elder Rowley

Hi mum, haven't got much time to write we are running a little behind schedule. This week has been good and I met a man from Brazil! We'd just been yelled at and we were walking down the wrote (road) when this man walked next to me. I almost didn't say anything but then I started to talk to him. He says he's from Rio De Jenero (spelling?) and has heard and seen the church but never had a chance to read the Book of Mormon. We're taking him a copy on Wednesday in Portuguese, its pretty exciting. We went to the Harry Potter castle today and it was fun. I'll get some pictures to send later in the week. Sorry this is so short, I told dad a few more stories so you'll have to just share. Its good to hear things are going great at home! Keep an eye on everything/one for me. Love you.
Elder Rowley

No comments:

Post a Comment