Life according to Zack in the England Leeds Mission

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Life Flight!

Well papa I'm moving! I'm going to the Leeds 4 ward with Elder Jensen. The Elder who came out with me who I sat next to on the plane. Its pretty crazy to think about serving with someone I came out with but I'm excited. I told mom I couldn't sleep last night and I'm already packed. I have learned from some other Elders that we live with members in Leeds 4 which is going to be a change, probably for the better! And the funny thing is I'll probably only be Elder Jensen's companion for 6 weeks because after this next transfer he will have been there for 6 months. It will be weird to have so many 6 week companions. Other exciting news is that an Elder I came out with is training this transfer so that will be pretty crazy. There are so many exciting things happening that I just can't take it! I will definitely miss Newcastle though, a lot of other areas aren't as diverse which i think is less fun. Yesterday I almost had an entire conversation with someone in Persian! We teach people from all over the world and we ever had 5 people at church last week! That is the most of my whole mission but that record isn't gonna last long. Jon Duerden said that he is gonna have to go home on a stretcher and I told him they are gonna have to take me home on life-light. It makes me so excited and I know that working hard is the key to success and happiness. Have you ever read Jesus the Christ? I have started reading it before bed and during lunch and stuff and it is really really good. I just thought I'd let you know how good it is. I'm trying to think if we had any stories to tell. It has been quite rainy recently and yesterday the rain was freezing! Don't worry I'm staying well but I don't really get bothered by the cold. Remember that one time I was up at Sundance waiting because I thought you said if I missed the bus to just wait instead of getting the next one? Every since that day I have never really been bothered by the cold. Kind of a nice advantage to cold winters huh? I have been trying to take more pictures and hopefully I can send some today but England is really pretty. Since the sun is rarely up then when it is there is a cool twilight effect. I have been trying to take advantage of it so we'll see how it works. Christmas is coming up, did you want anything? I told mum what I was planning on sending Lindsay and Kyle but I need help for everyone else. Let me know if you have any ideas. Well Dad the church is true, thank you for everything you've done for me. I wouldn't be the missionary I am now without you. Thank you so much.
Elder Rowley


Guess what mum! I'm leaving Newcastle! I'm going to the Leeds 4 ward to serve with Elder Jensen. Yes, the Elder Jensen that I sat on the plane with. Pretty crazy huh? We are going to live with members and being so close to the mission home we get to take investigators to the President's fireside on Mondays. How exciting is that? I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking about all of the new possibilities and challenges and such. I also have a long line of members that I need to say goodbye to in Newcastle. It will be hard and lame but I pulled out those thank you cards you put in my bag and I'm going to write some to the members here and start on the ones for people back home. Well we were definitely blessed a lot this week. For my entire mission we have always had a hard time getting people to church, usually only 1 person comes every week. But this week we worked our little behinds off and lo and behold 5 people came to church! There is a funny story about one of them. So we were waiting to go to tea with a member and they were stuck in traffic so we decided to knock on some doors around their house. We were kinda doing it to kill time until the member got back but we found a family of 4. At first Steve said, "I divn't believe in nowt" (Geordie for I don't believe in anything) so we were afraid it would be a lame door. Then as we kept talking to him he said he would love his wife to be baptised and when we explained a bit more about it then he said he would bring his whole family to church. When you bring a family to church it is amazing, the ward just adopts them. We were busy picking up some other people for church but when we got there Steve was waiting with the other Elders. He had a big smile on his face and said his wife was with the women and his children were in primary. They loved church and everyone loved them and they are going to be scheduled for baptism this week. Another amazing thing that happened is with a girl named Brooke. She is Chinese and is actually an investigator to the Zone Leaders but I have met her a couple of times. When they told her to start thinking about who she wanted to baptise her she came up to me after church and said she wanted me to do it! How crazy is that! Unfortunately I'll be leaving so I can't do it, but no bother! Well I'd better get going, I think I'm gonna start doing some Christmas shopping for everyone so let me know what you want. Love you so much mum. I'll be emailing from Leeds next week!
Elder Rowley

No comments:

Post a Comment