
The flat on Hollyshaw Lane
Mum,
Leeds is great. It's a whole other animal but it is great. There is an entire Leeds stake and I think it is 5 or 6 wards. Me and Elder Jensen are doing great and both are going to work really really hard. Nobody has been baptised here since Feburary so we've got our work cut out for us. We've been walking so fast lately its pretty funny, I keep yelling urgency! That's what they've told us that we need to have a sense of urgency about the work. And ya we live with the Harlows and they are great but the member that they are talking about is Rosie Wray. She is the mission mum of the world! She does our shopping our wash, takes us the fancy dinners, and buys us everything we need and some things we don't! She bought me some trousers last week. I kind of looked at Elder Jensen and said, but I don't need trousers. She has a massive heart and loves all the missionaries she meets. That seems to be how everyone here feels and since I've lived and served with everyone who has served here (Elder Black, Elder Swain, and Elder Laduke) they think I'm alright too! I keep meeting such amazing loving members of the church and how much they love their missionaries that I want to find someone like that so bad. It really has given us such a great desire to push forward and push we have! We have knocked so many doors this last week its not even funny, we have chased down and yelled down and waved down everyone we meet. Asking everyone is they want to come to church and even some people on the street if they would be baptised! The work is very different here and I pray I'll be able to keep up and catch on quick! I am so happy that Matt is the Bishop! How great is that! I'm so excited for me and Jon to come home and see him and the bishopric all together! Its so funny. And yes I will find that book for you and for Jenny. And no I haven't gotten your package yet so I'll be pretty excited for it this week! I send dad the address so you should be able to look up our new flat. I hate to say it but I hardly thought about home at all this week, I guess it means I've been working hard enough! Just kidding, I have a picture of the family by my bed and think of you all often. Take care of everyone and let me know if anyone needs anything from across the pond!
Love you loads mum.
Elder Rowley!
Dad,
Matt?!? That is so amazing. I am laughing so hard right now, that is going to be a major party ward. I'm so excited to be back when he is all adjusted and things. That is so funny, I can't get over it. Leeds 4 is amazing, the ward is so strong and there is a strong priesthood leadership which is amazing. The recent converts are amazing as well, there is a 15 yr old boy who is so ready to go on a mission it is amazing. He is the only one from his family who stayed in the church and has only been a member for 2 years but he is amazing. Don't be surprised when you see an Ensign article about him! And the people here love missionaries so much! It is great but I can see that it may be a temptation when things get hard but we are gonna work our butts off! This area hasn't baptised since February so Elder Jensen hasn't seen a baptism on his mission yet. We are going to break the cycle and we are already working really hard. We almost did 24 hours of knocking since I've been here and its only been 3 days! I'm really excited but a bit disappointed with this zone. I told Luke about it so you can ask him but there are so many missionaries here but the work is not going as well as other places. It is definitely difficult but it will be worth it in the end! I'll take a lot of pictures of people and send them home so you can see them. I'll tell you a quick funny story and then I'll have to e-mail mom. So last night we were waiting for a bus (they don't come as often here) and I saw this woman in the window at the house a ways away. I looked at her and waved to her in the dark. I was surprised that she waved back! I turned around smiling and looked back in a few minutes and she invited us over. She yells down from the window, "Do you want a can of pop?" It was so funny. She sent her son down and he gave us both a can of pop. I'm gonna start waving to everyone now! That story isn't very spiritual but it was really funny. Hopefully I'll send some great spiritual stories next week. And sorry that is not our house. We live with members in the third story of their house. The address is 70 Hollyshaw Lane, Crossgates, Leeds, LS1 7AG. Well we are going to go play football now. Send Bishop Marvell my love and the family as well. Love you dad
Elder Rowley
No comments:
Post a Comment