Mum,
Thanks for the info about the card and stuff. Be sure to tell everyone thank you for me. About driving lessons, the mission rule is that you have to take two driving lessons before you can drive and I did that like a month or two ago so I won't need anymore. After a year I'll have to take my test (if I'm asked to) and they will refund 100 quid of it, so we should be fine. Don't worry about me going overboard moneywise, I'm not buying anything unless it is dirt cheap! I actually found a Brazil football top for 7 pounds on Monday! Steal! I'll send my Christmas package home this next week so keep an eye out for it! I'm glad to hear Jon is still doing great and the other ones too, I need to write more letters. Christmas was a lot of fun and boxing day was alright. It is like a second Christmas day here but we were still working all day so it was pretty unsuccessful. But we're excited for this week (even though its half gone) and it should be pretty epic. We've been doing loads of finding again and we're really struggling to find new people to teach. I've explained how weird our area is but I'm confident that we'll figure something out, we've got the Lord on our side anyways! Its funny that you should mention buddy though. We knocked on this guys door yesterday and he said he couldn't let us in because he'd just come in from town and he had to unload some insects cause he had dragons to feed. You should have seen his face when I started telling him about buddy. I almost demanded that he let us in and have us help feed them but he still said no. He was a really nice guy bud insisted that we not come in because his dog would go crazy. I was disappointed cause it would have been sweet but oh well. There is someone that we are working with that I haven't told you about much that I realized. So there is a less-active named Pamela who just started coming back to church and she has an 8 year old named Gemma who we will baptise this month. Since she is just 8 she doesn't count as a convert but she is still really fun to work with. She had the greatest answers ever! Yesterday I asked her how she would describe a prophet (mind this is right after we named a couple of prophets) her answer was, "its the person who God speaks through". It's pretty crazy how smart she is, when you ask her a question she will sit and think about it for a long time and then give the smartest answers. Its pretty exciting! Well I'd better get to work, we've got quite a day planned ahead so I'll talk to you on Tuesday (its another bank holiday on Monday).
Love you loads!
Elder Rowley
The last e-mail
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment