Mom,
I can't believe we're getting another temple in Provo!!!! Me and Elder Thimmesch guessed right on the dot where they would be. I said there would be five, 2 in the states, one in Columbia or Bolivia, one is Western Africa, and one in Paris! Elder Thimmesch guessed the one in South Africa! Conference was really really good. We got to watch most of it but it was funny to realise how far away I am from it all. We watched the second to last session with a Brazilian member on his laptop, kinda funny. Well we got transfer calls last night and you'll never guess where I'm going. Back to the Geordies! I'm going to North Shields in the Sunderland Zone! I'll be right next to Newcastle and if things work out I'll be able to visit Sam once or twice! Can you believe it! I'm still shocked. It will be another great adventure though, not sure the last time they had a baptism there. We'll see! I'm super excited though. Its gonna be really hard to leave Selby. Tonight we are going to young mens and young womens and its gonna be pretty difficult. We got teaching with 2 of the young men every week at least. We spend so much time with them all its a blast. We're going to York with Mike today so that'll be a fun way to say goodbye. Oh well, all things must come to an end. I keep thinking about how hard it was to leave Leeds 4 but how many great adventures I had in Selby. I'm convinced that is what the Lord has in store for me in North Shields! I wish I had more to report on, those seem to be the only things on my mind right now. Elder Thimmesch is getting someone named Elder Balls and he is really good. It will be a perfect follow-up train for Elder Thimmesch. Sounds like things are going really well back home. Take care of things for me. I love you so much mum.
Elder Rowley
Dad,
A new temple in Provo! Woo hoo! I'm super excited. I couldn't believe that. The satelite wasn't working for that session so I just heard about that from a couple of missionaries but wow! Me and Elder Thimmesch guessed every one of the temples right, I couldn't believe it! Conference was really good as well. Priesthood Session was my favourite as usual. We sat will all the prospective Elders of our ward and it was great. There were about 4 of them and we all looked at each other during the conference and wow they are gonna be such great missionaries. They come teaching with us almost everyday and they are great. I'm grateful that I was here to serve around and with them. They've all grown loads since I first met them as well, I'm stoked for their missions. That leads me to the unfortunate and sad news. I'm leaving Selby after 4 1/2 months here! I'm going back to the North! Its an area called North Shields and it is right next to Newcastle. That means I'll be right next to Sam and might even be able to visit her once or twice. Crazy crazy crazy!!! I'm really sad to leave Selby, it will probably be even harder than it was to leave Leeds 4 but if North Shields holds half as many good times as Selby then it'll be worth it! The more I think about it the more I can't believe that I'll be going back North. I'm really excited. Those young men I'm leaving weren't too happy. Henrique told me he'd call me every week and come visit me! Haha! Good thing for Facebook so I can actually meet up with them again someday! Elder Thimmesch is getting a missionary named Elder Balls. He is exactly like Elder Thimmesch and was just barely a Zone Leader so they are going to tear it up in Selby! That's the thing I think I'm most happy about, I know that Selby is being left in good and capable hands! Well that's about all I have to report this time around. We're getting to the trunkiest time of the year for me, Thanksgiving! Oh well, I go through last year just fine! Just stop catching all my fish! Leave them for another year so I can catch them all! Thanks for everything Dad. I got that letter you sent me this week. I was one of the best letters I've ever gotten, it was exactly what I needed, it could not have come at a more perfect time! Then I finished the Book of Mormon again this week and then General Conference. It was just the boost I needed to get things going. I don't know how much success North Shields has had of late so it's gonna be some hard work. Good thing I like work! Love you Dad, take care!
Elder Rowley
The last e-mail
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment