Mum,
North Shields is great. I've missed this zone and I've missed the Geordies. And guess what, I can do the accent now! It's been pretty fun, I think I'm going to talk in a Geordie accent all the time now! My companion is Elder Austin Woodbury from Kentucky. He's been out for about 7 1/2 months or something. He reminds me a lot of Steven Markham. He's great. A really good teacher and he knows the gospel really well. I think that one of the difficult things as a missionary (especially if you've been out a while) is having so many companions! Me and Elder Thimmesch were getting to the point that I knew all of his friends and family by name and then I get transfered and have to start all over again. Oh well, I've been really lucky that I've only had 3 other areas because the ward adjustment is also different. The ward here is so neat though. They are all older and only about 40 people come to church. Funny news, there are Rowleys in the ward! I haven't had too much of a chance to talk to them but I'm gonna see if I can get some family history out of dad to see where we came from and when! So things are going well here. There are a few people to teach but needless to say, there's some work to be done! But I love it here. I was wondering when *they all got home. How is Justin doing? And Daylin! That's neat-o. Glad to hear about Mike. I hope he gets his call next week as well, that would be super exciting! I told him that he should call me and gave him my new phone number. I already miss them but the day will come when I'll get to see and talk to them all again. Well I think that's all i have to report this week. i LOVE YOU MUM, TAKE CARE! (I was typing one handed just for fun and that accidentally happened with caps lock but I'll leave it for you)
Elder Rowley
Dad,
North Shields is really great. I'm so excited to be in this zone again. All the district leaders and the zone leaders are people I know really well so there is already a great unity here. We're so far away from everyone else that its easy to be unified and it makes it really fun. I realised that North Shields and Selby are the same and that's why I'm glad I got sent here. Selby turned around a lot and we were doing quite good. North Shields is exactly the kind of area I feel best in. The ward is older and there are only about 40 or 50 who come to church. There are hardly any priesthood holders and the area hasn't had much success. There are a lot of things that's we're going to have to overcome. My companion is Elder Austin Woodbury from Kentucky and he is a lot like Steven Markham. I went from having a massive district to just having one team. The missionaries are really good there are just a couple of things we have to sort out. I hope I can do everything that needs to get done. Wish us luck, I fasted for a baptism this month yesterday so that's our goal. Here's a funny story. There is a family of Rowley's in the ward! I haven't gotten to talk to them that much but they are great! That leads me to a question. Grandma Janet gave me the family history for her side back until the dawn of time but I was wondering about the Rowley side. Do you have any information about where we came from and when it was. How long has the family been in the church as well? I dunno how much of that you'll be able to figure out but I was just curious. Well that's about all I have for this week. I love you Dad. Thank you for everything. Have a good week.
Elder Rowley
The last e-mail
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment