Mum,
We're having a baptism this Friday and we're all really excited for it. Things are looking up for this area and for everything. I've been so happy this last week but I've also never been more tired in my life! Today I might just take a nap and relax. But then at 6 o'clock I'll just have to get up and do it all over again. I'm finally beginning to feel the work of missionary work and I love it, it makes me feel like I'm making a difference and its great. Not much else to report on, I tried to play some songs out of the hymn book this morning and I can tell that I'm getting better. Hopefully I will be able to play well enough by the time I get home. This week I hit my 9-month mark. Crazy crazy crazy. I don't want to think about how much time I have left because its already too little. I love you mum! Mother's day is in April in England but we're not gonna call home until May so I'll talk to you then. Sounds crazy! It felt like it was just yesterday that I called on Christmas! Well better head off. Love you!
Elder Rowley
Dad,
Feels like spring over here as well! The weather has been really nice lately and it makes the work even more fun. The best news is that after conference in 2 weeks we don't have to wear suit coats anymore! Boo ya. This last week has been really good but really crazy as well. I was on exchange for 3 days so things were pretty tiring. It was really good and things pulled together in the end. Miro is looking great for his baptism on Friday and I'm really excited for him. He is so humble and happy now that he has found the true church and its great. He is becoming a good friend as well. We seem to bump into him everywhere now and its a laugh because we sometimes struggle to communicate. He is great though and we're all excited for Friday. Other than that things have been pretty normal. Might have some big changes coming soon but we'll not know for a while. Good to hear that things are going well back home. Mission life is crazy but amazing at the same time. There is so much to remember and to do that it is easy to forget it all and lose focus but I guess that is a gift of the Spirit in itself. I'm working my hardest and things are starting to pay off. We have been so blessed this last week and I feel so greatful to be out here. There are some missionaries I talk to that have trouble with homesickness and its really sad to see. They are missing out on so much fun and love because they are so worried about what's back home. I'm trying to lose myself in the work and the more I do so, the happier I am. I love it! Thanks so much dad for everything, I love you and I'll talk to you next week!
Elder Rowley
The last e-mail
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment