Life according to Zack in the England Leeds Mission

Monday, March 7, 2011

Ups and downs (redux)

It's pretty funny how things work out sometimes. At church yesterday I said the opening prayer as well! Then we taught primary! It was really fun. The ward is getting so excited for missionary work, I love it. It was a bit disheartening because we didn't have any investigators there but oh well. We have had a rough week but we're excited for the next one. Like you said, a mission has lots of ups and downs. I guess its our attitude that makes the difference, oh well things will get better. We did have some crazy great miracles though this last week. We had a guy refer himself to be taught who looks really good for baptism in a month or so. We scheduled the member's uncle who came to church last week (he's from Portugal!). And we scheduled another woman from Portugal who is friends with the same member. Its pretty exciting. The only problem is that we're running out of people to teach! We try to find loads of people every day all day but we haven't been getting hardly anyone. Oh well, it comes and goes. But I'm working hard and having a lot of fun at the same time so I'm still excited! Transfer calls are next Monday though so I'm really nervous about what's going to happen. I seem to make lots of little mistakes that add up over time that have been keeping me down lately. Pray that I don't forget everything I'm supposed to do and we'll see how this next transfer pans out. I'm betting I'll stay in Leeds 4 for another month but yesterday I was prompted to bear my testimony so I might be leaving. We'll see. I love you mum! Will you send me some stories from your mission? Thanks much.

Love you,

Elder Rowley

No comments:

Post a Comment