Date: Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 5:02 AM
Well, I'm staying in Leeds 4 for another transfer. Six months!!! Woohoo. I would have been really sad to have to leave some of the members and some of the work. We are also going to baptise a man from Portugal on the 25th so I'm glad I'll be here for that! His name is Miro and his niece is a member and brought him to church. We taught him a little and he accepted it all but still had some underlying concerns. We brought another member who speaks Portuguese (from Sao Paolo Brazil) and then things came together. Miro has a wife and three teenage kids back in Portugal that he is trying to bring to England. He spends all of his time either learning English or looking for a job so the government can find him a house. He has been super stressed and busy and because of that put learning the gospel on the back burner. Well the member told him that he used to be an interpreter for people in his situation and that he would help Miro with all the documents to get his family to England. Miro looked up at us and then at Brother Ribero and started crying because he was so happy. Then we taught him about the plan of salvation and the Spirit was so strong. When we asked him about his baptismal date he said that he feels much more prepared now than before. Ever since that appointment we have noticed such an excitement from Miro and a bond that is difficult to explain. I'm so glad we met him and I'm so excited that he'll be baptised this month. Our goal is that when his family moves here that he can baptise all four of them and then in time that they can go to the temple. It is so amazing! I'm so happy when little things like this come together. Now we're gonna work even harder and find more family to help and individual that we can baptise. Its so exciting!!! That's really the most and best news I have right now but I'll keep you posted about exciting things that happen this week! I love you mum. Talk to you next week!
Elder Rowley
The last e-mail
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment